Welcome and thank you for considering Belmont Hall Georgian Guest House.
Located in the heart of Newry City, Belmont Hall was constructed by Samuel Jackson Esq. in 1809 and was designed by the renowned architect Thomas Duff, who also designed the local courthouse.
Work began in 1809 during the reign of King George III and was completed two years later in the Regency Period. In 1846, during the reign of Queen Victoria, the house was split into two tenements and so became Belmont Terrace.
During the Second World War Belmont Hall acted as a billet to American service staff in the Newry area, many of whom have since visited the house.
The McGuigan family, having used one half of the property as their home since 1980, purchased the remaining tenement in 1996 when it became available. They have since lovingly restored the historic buidling, incorporating the original features to retain the Georgian ambience and charm. At the same time the facilities have been updated to meet the expectations of today's discerning guest.